Thursday, May 5, 2022

Woman In A Field, Indran Amirthanayagam ( inspired by "Where the Wildflowers Grow" by Victoria Twomey

 


Woman In A Field


I want to paint your sky blue skirt spotted

with hundreds of white islands, ocean on land

before a primrosed field, grass green, hair

a flame, talisman beside my keyboard, gift

received. I thank you now, and dream of

a world beyond my own eyes, of essences,

sky,water, woman, primroses, grass. I say

the peace that came dropping slow drops

for me as well as I gaze on poppies, butter-

cups next to primroses. I can catch them all

in a net of wildflowers, and you how shall

I name your abandon before field and sky wearing

the ocean on your body? How shall I turn away?

Will you walk with me reading these lines?



Indran Amirthanayagam, c) May 5, 2022



No comments: